ANC 6B will have its September Meeting on September 10, 2019 at 7:00 PM at the Hill Center (921 Pennsylvania Ave SE).
The full ANC 6B Final Agenda and Committee Reports packet can be found here.
- Adoption of Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- July Minutes
- Alcohol Beverage Control Committee
- ABRA- 085710: 1007 8th Street, SE; Canal 5, LLC, The Brig; Substantial Change: Application to add Sports Wagering to their operations. Establishment will have one teller, two self-service kiosks, and geo-fenced applications for phones while on the premises; Applicant: Mark Brody, Managing Member, (202) 316-9850; Petition Deadline: 09/23/2019 [6B04]
- Planning & Zoning Committee
- Payne School Public Art; Applicant: Danica Petroshius. ANC support letter for grant application.
- HPA 19-546: Congressional Cemetery, 1801 E Street SE; One-side porch addition and associated paving;
- HPA 19-538: 715 North Carolina Ave SE; remove rear addition and construct new addition, convert from 2 unit to SFD; Applicant: Ryan Amons, email@example.com [6B02]
- BZA 20102: 1429 D Street, SE; Special Exception; special exception to permit a one-story existing accessory structure at the rear of an existing, attached principal dwelling unit in the RF-1 Zone at premises 1429 D Street S.E. (Square 1062, Lot 105); Owner: Kelly Guhr, firstname.lastname@example.org; Applicant: Jennifer Fowler, Jennifer@fowler-architects.com, 202-546-0896; Hearing Date: 09/25/2019 [6B06]
- Potential ANC 6B Map Amendment to rezone the triangle bounded by 12th St, Southeast Boulevard, and the Anacostia River from high intensity industrial uses (PDR-4) to medium density mixed use riverfront zoning (MU-11) [6B06]
- Transportation Committee
- Request to DDOT to Relieve Congestion at 3rd and Virginia Ave SE
- Chris Geldhart, Director of DPW – Discussion on increased parking enforcement during RFK Stadium events on September 14th and October 5th and 6th
- Community & Commission Announcements & Speak Out
- Alcoholic Beverage Control Committee
- ABRA-090240: Balkan Concepts LLC d/b/a Ambar; 523 8th St SE; Substantial Change Application to expand to 3rd floor, adding 56 additional seating and increasing total occupancy from 140 to 196; Petition Deadline: tbd [6B03]
- ABRA-105990: 1023 East Capitol Street, SE; Wineandbutter, LLC, Wine and Butter; Substantial Change: Request for a Class Change from Retailer “B” to Retailer’s Class “B” Full-Service Grocery store; Applicant: Risa Hirao, (202) 544-2200; Petition Deadline: 10/07/2019 [6B05]
- ABRA-113525: 320 7th Street, SE; Hine Restaurants LLC, TBD; New Retailer’s Class C Restaurant with a seating capacity of 230 and Total Occupancy Load of 400 and Summer Garden with 150 seats; Hours Of Operation For Inside Premises And Outside In Summer Garden: Sunday through Thursday 7am – 12am, Friday and Saturday 7am – 2am; Hours Of Alcoholic Beverage Sales, Service, And Consumption For Inside Premises And Outside In Summer Garden: Sunday through Thursday 8am – 12am, Friday and Saturday 8am – 2am; Applicant: Sidon Yohannes, Esq., (202) 686-7600; Petition Deadline: 07/29/2019 [6B02]
- UPDATE: ABRA-112072: District Soul Food Restaurant & Lounge L.L.C. District Soul Food; 500 8th St SE; Class “CR” Restaurant License Renewal; Applicant: email@example.com; Status Hearing: 09/18/2019; Petition Deadline: 10/30/2019[6B04]
- ABC Committee Report
- Planning & Zoning Committee
- Public Space Permit application #332690: Eastern Market Metro Plaza Parks. Applicant: DGS. Public space permit for permanent improvements. Hearing Date: 09/26/2019 [6B02]
- Public Space Permit application #10746164 – 715 8th Street SE; Add Furniture/Equipment to Cafe Plans [6B03]
- BZA 20090: 224 South Carolina Ave SE; Area variance for second story rear addition; Applicant: Marc and Dale Lippman.firstname.lastname@example.org, Hearing Date: 9/11 [6B01]
BZA 20106: 328 Kentucky Ave, SE; Special Exception/Variance: special exception to construct a two-story, principal dwelling unit addition on an existing retail use building in the RF-1 Zone at premises 328 Kentucky Avenue, S.E.(Square 1039S, Lot 17); Owner: Jorge Ventura; Applicant: Jeff Goins, email@example.com, 202-549-2595; Hearing Date: 09/18/2019 [6B06]– Deferred at the request of applicant – new date TBD Comments on HPRB Draft Sustainability Guidelines; Guidelines are written by OP and accepted by HPRB. The guidelines were delayed by two months to allow for extra comment from ANCs and DOEE. Link: https://planning.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/op/publication/attachments/SustainabilityGuidelines_June28_2019_1.pdf [All ANCs]Deferred by request of Department of Energy and Environment – new date TBD
- P&Z Report
- Transportation Committee
- NOI 19-174-PSD—Installation of Curbside bike and scooter parking “corral.”
- TC Report
- Hill East Task Force
- Livable Community Task Force
- Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee Report
- Working Group on Barracks Row
- ANC 6B Administrative Matters
- ANC 6B Input on Other Concerns
PLEASE NOTE: At regular Commission meetings, any item may be removed from the consent agenda and placed on the regular agenda at the request of a single Commissioner. All ABC, BZA, Zoning, and Historic Preservation cases may be added to this agenda. For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit ANC 6B’s website: www.anc6b.org.
The ANC 6B Committee will meet on September 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM to set the October 2019 agenda. This meeting is held in the Frager’s Conference Room, 3rd Floor, the Hill Center, 921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE.