Special Call Meeting to approve ANC 6B’s Grant Applications – Tuesday August 11th at 7:00 PM.
- Adoption of Agenda
- ANC 6B’s Grant Committee:
- Capital Community Partners: Founded in 2013, Near Southeast Community Partners (now Capital Community Partners) works with elected officials, other organizations, businesses and residents to improve the environment and strengthen schools from DC to the DR. They are asking for 15k to provide equipment and Wi-Fi services to students and teachers of ward six. https://www.capitalcommunitypartners.org/ Applicant: Bruce Darconte, email@example.com
- Capitol Hill United Methodist Church: They are asking for 9k to support their program that primarily provides food delivery to the homeless. https://chumc.net/ Applicant: Rev. Sam Marullo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Market Main Street: The mission of EMMS is to capitalize on our historic assets and entrepreneurial culture to promote, retain, and attract diverse, small businesses through the Main Street Four-Point Approach: Organization, Promotion, Design, and Economic Vitality. They are asking for 5k to continue a variety of on-going services such as 1-1 small business counseling to Capitol Hill merchants. https://www.easternmarketmainstreet.org, Applicant: Charles McCaffrey, email@example.com
- Light House DC: Light House DC pivoted its mission temporarily and launched its COVID Relief Program in early June to address the most immediate needs of the community during the COVID-19 health emergence. They area asking for 15k to help fund their COVID-19 Relief Program in ward six. https://lighthousewdc.org, Applicant: Jingwen Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org